I think I’ve spent the last 4 Queen’s Birthdays at home – studying. So with all my exams behind me, I saw the light of day for first time this past Aussie public holiday :). Our family friends invited us over for lunch so I opted to make a salad to go with the BBQ that was fired up :).
Avocado and apple salad
(variation of the one I found in Super Food Ideas Christmas Special edition- Dec ’09/Jan ’10 hehe)
Serves 4 – since there were a few other dishes, I didn’t increase the portions
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 red oak lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 small avocados, peeled, sliced
- 1 large red delicious apple, cored, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (kinda added heaps more later on)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
Other savoury dishes:
Some sweet things:
Yep, I finally got into some proper Lightroom editing ;).
I love little kids. At times I feel like I’ve had some of my own since I teach them on a regular basis and am surrounded by either my cousins’ babies or the ones at church. One of the girls at the Queen’s Birthday Feast had a wobbly tooth and my dad did the honours, giving the last little wiggle to produce her toothless grin in the left hand corner of the photo below :).