I never wanted to be one of those bloggers who abandons their blog for a week without notice but with the start of a new uni semester, real life just got the better of me :P. Apologies for the absence, there are many-a-post in draft form but I was so happy with the dish I recently cooked for my family, I’ve skipped ahead to share this recipe :).
Thai green curry chicken (aka Green x3 chicken curry!)
adapted from recipe found in Super Food Ideas, May 2008 (pg 56)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- (Green 1) 2 small zucchini, thickly sliced (I misread and sliced them thinly >.<)
- (Green 2) 500g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup of green curry paste (add more depending on preferred spice level)
- 400ml can light coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (I substituted it with ~ 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- (Green 3) 1/2 cup frozen peas
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add chicken – cook, stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add zucchini and broccoli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften. Add curry paste – cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream, sugar, fish sauce, lime leaves (or lemon juice) – bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add peas, simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice.
Voila! I added an extra teaspoon of the green curry paste and it was perfect for our palettes :). Parents said we never need to order green curry again because this tasted better than the restaurants… I was stoked! Happy cooking!