This has got to be the quickest turnaround of ‘event’ to ‘post’ – I made this for us to munch on as Mum and I spent the day preparing a dish for our special Australia Day dinner tonight (recipe to follow soon!).
Easy Zucchini and Rice Slice
Taken from Coles Summer Magazine 2012, page 49 :)
- 5 eggs
- 250g pkt microwave long grain white rice
- 3/4 grated cheddar cheese
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan. Line a 20cm square pan with baking paper.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add rice, cheese, zucchini, peas and spring onions. Mix to combine.
- ADDITION: A friend gave this a go recently and recommended that you add a bit of salt for more flavour.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until set. Enjoy!
It was delicious and the family loved it :). The zucchini keeps it moist and the cheese adds a bit of saltiness.
The recipe suggested to pack some grape tomatoes and a few slices for lunch…I think I’m going to bring some tomorrow!