I was feeling a bit under the weather this past weekend due to lack of sleep and the cold weather so my mum being my mum put together a little something she picked up from her work colleagues that would make any egg-crazy girl happy… and she let me take photos too :).
Green Eggs and Ham: Reinvented
I googled Green Eggs and Ham and most have spinach or pesto but nothing with avocado hence ‘reinvented’…
- 9 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- mayonnaise (as much you want really)
- salt and pepper
- toasted bread
- shaved honey leg ham
- Boil the eggs til hard-boiled. Let them cool, run under cold water to loosen the egg-shell from the egg.
- Mash the eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix in the mayonnaise.
- Cut avocados up and mash in with egg mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread generously over toasted bread. Top with ham and munch!
Not the greatest looking dish but it sure was yummy! Loved the creamy mixture and so simple too! Perfect to eat while revisiting the old Dr. Suess classic ;).
Hope you are enjoying the week so far and staying warm!
Q: What’s a simple and yummy dish that you’ve made lately?