10. Deactivating FB – curbing procrastination
This was probably the best thing I did for myself during SWOTVAC. Some people know how to control their use… I’m still
struggling learning so let’s just say that procrastination magnifies the addiction. It’s so easy to live vicariously through other people’s updates that you lose perspective on what’s happening RIGHT NOW in your own life… but of course that just meant I rediscovered Twitter and Tumblr lols I also changed my blog subscriptions settings so that I wouldn’t be getting real-time updates of when people posted however, that wasn’t enough to keep me away from browsing blogs-a-plenty ^^’. Oh well.
11. Study group sessions: 2,3, 4 heads are always better than one!
I’m so thankful to have people I can nut out hypos and essay topics with :). I remember it being said once that Law is one of those subjects that cannot or should not be studied in isolation. Word.
12. Submitting my final essay for 2011!
It a bittersweet feeling as it also officially ends my work for PILCH, an amazing not-for-profit organisation that I’ve been interning with since the start of the year. It’s been such a privilege to work with people who are committed to helping the less fortunate and making a real difference in our community. They also saved me from the disillusionment I got from law school halfway through last year but that’s a story for another time.
13. Finishing my first of three exams – The end is in sight!
PtL! I feel a weight lifted from my shoulders… two more til freedom!
14. Living at home – all pros in my mind
- no rent or bills to pay
- home-cooked meals that you don’t always cook yourself
- more hands to help with pegging up clothes to dry
- awesome company everyday of the year
Yep, sorry Mum and Dad. I won’t be leaving for a while! (not that you’d let me LOL)
15. SurviveLaw.com/blog – where have you been all my law school life??
It’s always comforting to know you aren’t the only one walking this challenging road. And to laugh at the all-too-familiar situations law students find themselves in…
16. Jelly Bean Love:
See behind the scenes here.